For airlines and railway operators, it is of vital importance to keep food and beverages cool for extended periods of time. This can be a challenge, especially during the summertime or in hot and humid climates.
Fortunately, effective cooling solutions can contribute to operational efficiency and cost savings while reducing your environmental impact and ensuring optimal hygiene.
Driessen’s Cool Trolley was designed with these crucial factors in mind. In this article, we’ll be taking a closer look at 3 ways our cutting-edge catering solutions can help you optimize your cooling performance while enhancing the experience of both your crew and your passengers.
Maximizing Your Cooling Capacity
The Cool Trolley’s full-scale insulation, cooling cassettes integration, and smart thermodynamic design all enable optimal operational performance. The design ensures that contents stay cool for longer than with any other solution available on the market.
This provides many benefits for airlines:
- Cost Savings: Airlines can load at their home base and reduce catering costs at outstations. Contents remain at a temperature of below 8°C for up to 13 hours, eliminating the need for return catering in many cases. This also significantly reduces expenditure on food.
- Speed: When return catering is eliminated, the trolleys can simply remain on the plane. This ensures faster turnaround times, reducing the risk of delays.
- Control: Trolley fleet management becomes much simpler. As trolleys can remain on the plane, there is much less risk of them becoming lost or damaged.
- Flexibility: The Cool Trolley can keep contents cool overnight, enabling outstation stays and schedule adjustments without the need to re-stock trolleys.
- Quality: With the Cool Trolley, you don’t have to depend on other airlines or caterers for return catering, ensuring the quality, consistency, and hygiene of your food offering.
- Sustainability: As an added benefit, the solution eliminates the need to use dry ice, reducing waste and further lowering costs. In instances where dry ice is needed, the trolley has a top storage compartment that can hold up to 4 kg without affecting inside cavity space.
Additional Cooling Solutions, Courtesy of Icebridge Ltd.
We have joined forces with Icebridge Ltd. to provide an array of lightweight, durable, and cost-effective solutions that perfectly complement and enhance the performance of the Cool Trolley and standard trolleys alike.
The Trolley Coolers keep the contents of a standard trolley at low temperatures for up to 23 hours, using dry ice for even cooling distribution. The solution also enables deep top trolleys to be converted into meal trolleys.
If you’d prefer to reduce or eliminate your use of dry ice, the re-freezable, reusable, and washable Cooling Cassettes are available in 6 different sizes and enable stable temperature control.
The Cooling Chests can keep the contents of trolleys and containers at temperatures as low as 8°C for up to 20 hours. The chests come in 3 sizes, and are washable and can be reused for more than 2 years. Moreover, the chest lids are made with door hinges, making them easy to use for the crew.
The Cooling Containers are washable, re-freezable, and reusable and fit in all standard trolleys and containers. They’re made up of three parts that seamlessly interlock together inside the trolley, and come with a removable lid container for ease of use.
The Wet Ice Box can transport ice for up to 20 hours with only 10% melt loss. The boxes are ideal for both fresh and frozen meals. They’re also available in 3 sizes, and are washable and reusable for more than 2 years.
Helping Your Crew Keep Their Cool
Aside from all the benefits covered above, the Cool Trolley is also highly user-friendly. It doesn’t require an electrical system, so it’s very low maintenance and both safe and easy to clean.
It’s also fully insulated so the outer panels stay at a safe temperature for the cabin crew. This enables your crew to focus their full attention on what they do best: ensuring the best possible on-board experience for passengers.
What’s more, the Cool Trolley has no effect on your catering load, so it can be implemented seamlessly.
When the heat is on, you can’t afford to leave your cooling needs up to chance. With the best cooling solutions available on the market, you’ll be sure to keep passengers happy and refreshed. If you’d like to learn more about our Cool Trolley and other cooling solutions, get in touch today.